Get your computer up and running properly again
Virus Removal Services
Is your computer acting weird? Are applications taking forever to load? Do you have pop-up windows or other messages appearing?
If so, you may have been infected with a computer virus. Sometimes you might have a virus on your computer and not even know it. Viruses are typically found deep inside the root files of your computer where they go undetected. Depending on the type of virus, this could either simply cause performance issues or full-on exploitation of your personal and sensitive data. It’s important to resolve these issues at once before they cause irrecoverable damage to your device.
Our Virus Removal Process
We’ll do a scan of your computer to determine it’s overall health and check for any suspicious activity, then diagnose any relevant security issues.
If we find any infections during the scan and diagnosis, we’ll remove the virus at it’s source and confirm the problem is resolved with a follow-up scan.
Once your computer is back to normal, we’ll review security options with you to prevent future instances of virus infection.
How do I avoid getting a computer virus?
A few tips:
- Keep your antivirus software up-to-date, which protects you from things like ransomware.
- Be wary of pop-ups or prompts that ask for your personal information or new software downloads because these may lead to malware on your computer.
- Only download programs from sources you trust and avoid any sites claiming they can make your machine run like new. These scams usually come with spyware that intercept your data.
- Don’t open email attachments from people you don’t know. Be sure to confirm the sender of a message before opening email attachments.
- Spam emails often contain viruses, so always think twice before opening an attachment in one of these messages. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Do I need data backups?
Computer viruses can damage your computer’s hardware, slow it down, or even delete important files if you don’t have backups. If you’re noticing any of these symptoms, contact East Shore Technology today for help! We’ll be able to scan your computer for harmful software and offer quick solutions.
What should you do in the meantime? Get backups of all your important files right away! This way, if anything were to happen to your device you won’t lose all of your data. It’s generally best practice to keep copies of your data on an external hard drive and backing up to an online cloud service.
How do I backup my data?
One type of backup is a file-only backup, where the backed up files are copied to an external hard drive or other storage device. The advantage of this type of backup is that it can be done quickly with little technical experience.
Another option is to use an online service such as iCloud, Dropbox, or Carbonite. With this type of backup, your data is backed up on remote servers “in the cloud” and allows you to access your files from any computer in the world with an internet connection.
What Our Customers Are Saying
I’ve worked with other IT providers in the past but your level of service and commitment far exceeds anything I’ve received before. Thanks for a great job!
I’ve never really understood computer stuff but the tech who showed up onsite yesterday explained things to me in a way that made sense and wasn’t over my head. I appreciate that!